Parrot in the Oven

The book that i am currently reading is Parrot in the Oven by, Victor Martinez and this book is about a young boy who struggles to get by in life. His parents aren’t the best parents. This boy is just trying to make it through life until he hits a roadblock. The setting mostly takes place at his home, on streets and many more places. This boy lives near the sierra desert which is a hot place.The book setting is different from Fort Wayne setting being that it is a very hot place all the time which Fort Wayne is not a hot place all the time. In the book there is very few rainfall and in Fort Wayne there is more rainfall.  The first sentence in parrot in the oven states, “That summer….” Which states that this place my character lives in is hot.

The character that I am going to be talking about is Manny Hernadez who is the main character of Parrot In the Oven. The main problem with my character is that he has a lot of family issues and more to deal with than others. His dad doesn’t really like him and his father abuses his mother. Manny’s brother Bernardo can never keep a job so therefore they don’t have much money to live off of. When problems come his way his family doesn’t know how to face them. The character is different from me because he doesn’t know how to handle his problems and i do. On page one it states “Bernardo flipped through more jobs the a thumb flipping through a deck of cards…” This is my character and the problems he faces.